Monday, January 01, 2007

Champagne Pitch

Welcome to the year of the Pistoleras!

I'm in NYC for the holidays and it's been interesting. Less jaded Hollywood attitude. In fact, the movie biz seems like a novelty here. Me Likey. It so happens that mom lives in the Ground Zero area so there are lots of financial types about. Every night we've been out and have meet friends who either have money or know someone who does. I've been pitching Pistoleras right and left and gotten good reactions. No one seems phased by the 10k unit price either. How much of these positive meets will translate into dollars remains to be seen but it's a good start. At the least it's good practice for me.

Last night I was told that a multi-millionaire who "is bored and looking for something fun to invest in" was going to be at the local bar. Naturally he didn't show up well into our second bottle of champagne but I got him on the dance floor and managed to pitch him Pistoleras. We talked several more times over the evening and he had some good follow-up questions which I choose to interpret as interest in the project. So we've learned that I can deliver a solid, animated, engaging pitch even fueled by bubbly! I guess that's where the Irish heritage comes in handy.

So, out of business cards and bracelets, I'm heading home tomorrow to get back to real life, polish the business plan and send it out to all these new, maybe money connections.

The funniest part of the evening was his girlfriend getting mad at me for getting his contact info. She accused me of trying to steal her man.

"It's just business, sweetie, seriously." And it was. And that's also the best part. I had a blast the whole time so this business is pleasure.

1 Comments:

Blogger jjoberle said...

Work your magic girl!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home